The Basic FootGolf Rules:
- Wear appropriate clothing – golf cap, collared shirt and argyle socks are preferred.
- Take care of the FootGolf course, rake bunkers and maintain a proper pace of play.
- Your ball must be easy to identify.
- Review the score card and wait for your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players.
- Kick off your ball from a position up to two meters (6 feet) behind the tee markers.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. You are not allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind, before each kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. (It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling with the wind).
During the play of a hole:
- Play the ball from where it lies. You are not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects. Exception: You may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct the other player’s kick or ball in any way.
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- Do not kick if it is possible to interfere with the group ahead of you.
- The order of play is established based on the score of the previous hole. The player with the best score will kick off first on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
- If the ball in play is moved or deflected or stopped by another ball the player must play his ball as it is and replace the ball moved. There is no penalty unless both balls are on the putting green in which case the player who hit incurs a penalty of two strokes.
- If the ball lands in a water hazard, retrieve or replace it within 2 steps from the closest land point from where the ball entered the hazard (annotated by red line), receiving a one stroke penalty or you can place the ball at the position of the previous kick and receive one stroke penalty.
- Sand Bunkers: If your ball is in a sand hazard you may play the ball as it lies without penalty. Do not touch the sand or loose impediments prior to playing ball (one stroke penalty for . Arrange the bunker as it was before you took your ball.
- Out of bounds markers are annotated with white stakes. Place the ball within 2 steps from where the ball crossed between the white stakes receiving a one stroke penalty.
- A player must not make a stroke while another ball is in motion. If two balls hit each other that were played without penalty, there is no penalty unless both balls were on the putting green when they were struck. Two strokes are fined for the player who was nearer the hole for hitting out of turn. – Both players must replace the balls and play it back on the putting green.
- Loose Impediments: (branches, leaves, stones, natural objects, etc.) can be removed. If the ball is moved player receives a 1 stroke penalty.
- Movable obstructions: (artificial movable objects such as rakes, tin cans, etc..) Can be moved without penalty. If the ball is moved it must be replaced without penalty.Example: the ball resting against a rake.
- Immovable obstructions: You can lift and drop a ball without penalty but not nearer the hole.
Example: a sign or a sprinkler head or under a cart, etc..
- Unplayable ball: The player is the sole judge to declare his ball unplayable. Example: I see my ball in the bushes or in a tree.
- Play a ball from where the previous stroke was, or
- Drop a ball behind the point where the ball lies in a straight line to the flag, or
- Drop the ball within the length of two meters from where the ball lay, not nearer to the hole.
- All options receive a 1 stroke penalty.
- If the FootGolf ball lies on the putting green used for regular golf, the ball should be removed and dropped on the ground within ten feet of green and no closer to the FootGolf hole without penalty.
- Players should not stand close to or directly behind the ball or directly behind the hole (example: to see the fall of the green) when another player is to play.
Valley Oaks Golf Course - Local FootGolf Rules
- Do not walk on Golf Greens with Soccer Shoes.
- Please see FootGolf Map for routing of each hole.
- The Pace of Play Standard for Golfers and FootGolfers is 2 hours. Please make sure to keep up with the group in front of you. Groups falling behind our pace of play standard will be moved forward to recapture their position on the course.
- No personal or outside food or beverage is allowed.
- Please respect the golfers.